Wednesday 15 September 2010

Her Fearful Summetry - Audrey Niffenegger

When Elspeth Dies she leaves the very nice flat over looking Highgate Cemetery to her twin nieces who she has never met.  But only on the understanding that their mother and father never visit the flat, and the twins must live in it for at least a year before they can sell it.

But when the twins arrive they find themselves having to deal with those left behind by their aunt, and it seems that their aunt might not have totally left the premises.

This ghost story was really enjoyable, the characters were interesting, even if many of them lacked the depth I'd have liked.

I have to say that it was refreshing to read a book which I knew little about (I didn't take any notice of the surrounding hype when it was released), and which I found unpredictable.

For some reason I'm finding this review hard to write, perhaps that's because this book was enjoyable, but I can't put my finger on why!

Lent to me by Liz
3rd - 15th Sept 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment