Thursday 31 December 2009

Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer

Well, it was inevitable that I wouldn't be able to wait for the paperback - especially since I'd heard that they were holding off releasing it as the hardback was selling so well (greedy bastards!).

So the final part of the Twilight series became my Christmas reading, and it took me longer to read this one than the others - and not because of the length, more as it just wasn't as engaging as the others.

The relationship sparkle between Edward and Bella just didn't seem to be there, and there was very little action until near the end of the book, I'd even go so far as to say that it is overly long. I'll not give the plot away, but needless to say the relationship between the vampires and the werewolves certainly takes a different turn; and of course Bella is under threat again (although this time she's able to defend herself!).

In fact I'm finding it difficult to think what exactly to say about this book except that it finished things off and left an large chance of more sequels. I did enjoy it, and if there are more I'll look forward to them as much as the others, I just hope Meyer can keep the word count down!

24th - 31st December 2009
Bought on Green Metropolis

No comments:

Post a Comment