Friday 1 January 2010




At the beginning of last year I decided to keep a record of the books I read, so that I could count them and also see what the breakdown would look like. So I set up this blog to record them.

I actually had no idea how many books I was reading (although I knew it wasn't as many as a few years ago when I was getting through at least one a week), and also I wanted to review them (partly so that I could remember them!).

So, since January last year I've read 26 books, above shows that the majority were fiction (17), below shows a genre breakdown. Remember that some books fall into more than one catagory.



Now, I must point out that the 'teen' and 'vampire' books are one and the same, and they predominate as I've read two 'series' of books, namely Twilight and the Sookie Stackhouse novels - both very different!

I've really got into popluar psychology and will be exploring more of that this year. I think I'll leave off the vampires for a while, and I want to try some more autobiographies too (not a genre I've read before).

John says that I'm being completely anal about this, but I think it's really interesting - and a natural extension of my blog and reading.

If you are interested at all there is also my LibraryThing, a great cataloging site for book lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment