Friday 22 June 2012

The High Deeds if Finn Mac Cool - Rosemary Sutcliff

I'm not sure how this Puffin book got onto my bookshelves but suspect that it came from Dads at some point (it's a 1967 edition). John picked it for me to read, and I'm glad he did.

It's really a collection of short stories of the Irish mythical king Finn Mac Cool, telling of his life and adventures, and those of his friends and enemies.

Having visited Ireland (a long time ago now), and some of the places mention it was great to read the stories.

Although connected by the characters, each story is separate, and since this book was, I think, written for children, each is quick and easy to read.  It's made me think that I should look out some folk stories about
England - King Arthur? Robin Hood?

Inherited from Dad
Read June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment