Friday 22 October 2010

No and Me - Delphine de Vigan

This came onto my radar due to the link to homelessness (i've been volunteering for a homeless charity), and it looked of interest.

I loved the style of writing and the voice of the narrator (the 'Me' in the title).

Lou is a gifted child with a disfunctional family and issues with school (she's in higher year group than her age). When she meets a homeless girl ('No' - short for Norween) in the streets of Paris, she's moved to take her in and care for her....with unintended consequences.

This is a great book, easy and enjoyable to read. I cared about the characters and wanted to know what was going to happen, particularly to 'No'.

The end was a bit disappointing, and I guess it's left rather open for a sequel. I imagine that it will be optioned for a film, but I'm not sure how well it will transfer to screen (certainly it would have to be a French film - the book was originally published in France and is set in Paris).

Bought on Green Metropolis
15th - 22nd October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment