Friday 6 November 2009

Blood, Sweat and Tea - Tom Reynolds

It's taken me a while to read this book, but since it's a collection of blog entries it's easy to 'dip in and out' without losing the plot.

Tom Reynolds is an Emergency Mediecal Technician (Ambulance crew to you and me!), who lives and blogs in London.

I've been reading his blog for sometime thanks to the recommendation of Liz, and he writes extremely well; often about difficult or sensitive situations that he's had to deal with.

Pulling no punches, Tom describes his working days (or nights); the frequent flyers (often alcoholics), the false alarms, calls for colds, headaches and other non-emergency patients - along side the descriptions of real emergencies, the frustrations of working for a 'failing' NHS, the politics and the crazy pedestrians who think nothing of trying to 'make a dash for it' in front of his speeding vehicle!

I've really enjoyed this book, but then I knew I would as I still follow his blog!

Visit the blog here - http://randomreality.blogware.com/

Bought on Green Metropolis
19th January - 6th November 2009

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, you are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! my first comment on this blog - and it's from one of the authors! Well, my pleasure Tom (and I've ordered the second book!).

    ReplyDelete